- Answer phone calls in a timely manner; within 30-45 seconds while working in a shared call queue.
- Return voice messages within the hour the message was left.
- Verify patient insurance identifying primary and secondary at the time of scheduling appointment.
- Obtain accurate patient and guarantor demographic information including 4 digit zip code.
- Coordinate and schedule new patient appointments, worker’s compensation appointments/depositions, work-ins and follow-up appointments as designated by physicians.
- Interact with patients’ physicians and other staff both within the clinic and at outside facilities providing accurate timely and responsive information.
- Coordinate processes and route all paperwork as required to meet physician and facility requirements ie: Scanning, daily demographic updates, medical records preparation for clinic, disability forms, workman’s compensation, clinic and surgery tickets, physician mail, etc.
- Complete disability forms within 48-72 hours of receipt
- When preparing medical record for physician clinic or surgery, obtain history and physical, imaging reports, pathology, surgical clearance forms, etc. as requested by the physician.
- Ensure daily dictations are verified in patients’ medical records.
- Document no show appointments in EHR daily.
- Obtain requested patient appointments for online communication systems such as RockHopper.
- Obtain Referrals from referring physician offices either via phone or fax and verify receipt with referring physician and patient.
- Ensure efficient and professional telephone communication with co-workers and customers at all times.
- Follow all written protocols and procedures of the Clinic
- Demonstrate courtesy and helpfulness toward patients, their families and coworkers at all times.
- Schedule mutually acceptable appointment times for patients and physicians using computerized scheduling system
- Work as a team member within the patient services department and all other departments
- Must be able to recognize and respond appropriately to urgent/emergent situations per protocols
- Submit required documentation to obtain precertification for appointments
- Coordinate Hospital Consult calls with On Call Physician
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and management
- Obtain retro precertification when needed
- Verify and/or ensure that verification of benefits are completed before testing
- Effectively cope with typical job stress
- Document work processes as required
- Other duties as assigned by physician and/or manager.
- High school diploma required
- Understanding medical terminology
- ICD-9/ ICD 10 CPT Coding
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer system knowledge
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed